Watercolour course with Pierre Tougas
6 weeks, on Tuesdays, from 9 AM to 4 PM, Sept 15 to Oct 20
The renowned artist Pierre Tougas offers you a unique watercolour course that will allow you to develop projects with different themes. You will see the artist at work in the demo at the beginning of each theme. During this intensive course, you will be able to make two paintings according to the chosen themes.
Pierre Tougas: Works and artistic statement
Sept 15 and 22: How to achieve the effect of depth in the landscape
Sept 29 and Oct 6: Painting the river and the movements of water
Oct 13 and 20: Master the texture and light of facades
- Sept 15, 9 a.m. to noon: Demonstration How to achieve the effect of depth in the landscape
- Sept 15, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m .: Student drawing
- Sep 22, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m .: Supervision of student work
- Sept 29, 9 a.m. to noon: Demonstration Painting the river and the movements of water
- Sept 29, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m .: Student drawing
- Oct 6, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m .: Supervision of student work
- Oct 13, 9 a.m. to noon: Demonstration Master the texture and light of facades
- Oct 13, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m .: Student drawing
- Oct 20, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m .: Supervision of student work
12 colours: cobalt blue, cerulean blue, ultramarine blue, hookers green, winsor green, scarlet lake, permanent rose, permanent magenta, new gamboge, raw sienna, raw umber, burnt sienna, white poster paint (optional)
Accessories: White plastic palette, wood panel (for attaching the watercolour paper), masking tape (1 in), HB pencil with sharpener, eraser, ruler, masking liquid (Pebeo), water sparyer, kleenex, detergent for washing brushes.
11 brushes: round #1, 3, 6 and 8; Flat ½in, 1in, 2in; Rigger #1; Fan ½in, 1in, 2in; tooth brush
Paper: Arches 300lbs coldpress or 'grain torchon'